Air Buddies is the first direct-to-video film in the Buddies spin-off series to the Air Bud series. Unlike the rest of the sequels to follow, this does not have a special theme. Also, unlike the previous series, the animals can talk to each other.
Insert details here.
- Buddies (first appearance)
- Noah Sullivan
- Jackie Framm
- Patrick Sullivan
- Deputy Sniffer (first appearance)
- Sheriff Bob Template:Final
- Mrs. Niggles (single appearance)
- Henry (first appearance)
- Wilma (single appearance)
- Bob (single appearance)
- Bartleby Livingstone (first appearance)
- Selkirk Tander (single appearance)
- Miles Livingstone (single appearance)
- Denning (single appearance)
- Grim (single appearance)
- Andrea Framm Template:Mentioned
- Grim's mother Template:Only mention
- Pete (first appearance)
- Sam (first appearance)
- Billy (first appearance)
- Alice Finch (first appearance)
- Mrs. Finch
- Josh Framm Template:Photo
- Projectionist (single appearance)
- Bikers (single appearance)
- Skunk (single appearance)
- Billy the goat (single appearance)
- Belinda (single appearance)
- Owl (single appearance)Template:NL
- Wolf (single appearance)
- Denning's Hummer
- Sheriff Bob's police car
|Skyler Gisondo||Voice of B-Dawg|
|Josh Flitter||Voice of Budderball|
|Spencer Fox||Voice of Mudbud|
|Dominic Scott Kay||Voice of Buddha|
|Abigail Breslin||Voice of Rosebud|
|Don Knotts||Voice of Deputy Sniffer|
|Tom Everett Scott||Voice of Buddy|
|Molly Shannon||Voice of Molly|
|Slade Pearce||Noah Sullivan|
|Cynthia Stevenson||Jackie Framm|
|Richard Karn||Patrick Sullivan|
|Patrick Cranshaw||Sheriff Bob|
|Jane Carr||Mrs. Niggles|
|Holmes Osborne||Selkirk Tander|
|Steve Makaj||Miles Livingstone|
|Tyler Guerrero||Bartleby Livingstone|
|Kelly Chapek||Alice Finch|
|Wallace Shawn||Voice of Billy, the goat|
|Debra Jo Rupp||Voice Belinda, the pig|
|Michael Clarke Duncan||Voice of the wolf|
|Ingrid Tesch||Mrs. Finch|
- The beginning of the film has scenes from the previous films.
- Noah has a photo of Josh and Buddy from Air Bud: Golden Receiver.
- This film is dedicated to Patrick Cranshaw and Don Knotts, who died after filming.
- Even though there is only three years between Air Bud: Spikes Back and Air Buddies, Andrea has already finished junior high and high school, and is now in college (or at least that's her last known whereabouts, as is Josh's).
- The names of Henry's mom and dad were also the names of Tom Stewart's parents (Bob and Wilma Stewart) in Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch.
- For the next film, all of the voices of the Buddies returned except for Dominic Scott Kay, Spencer Fox, and Abigail Breslin; Kay appeared on-screen, however, as Adam Bilson. All the kid actors who played the Buddies' owners returned as well; Tyler Guerrero was credited as Tyler Foden, instead.
- This is the only time Slade Pearce plays Noah, as he was replaced by Dylan Minnette.
- Aside from the drive-in movie theater playing Disney's One Hundred and One Dalmatians, it also had posters of two other Disney films The Incredible Journey and Old Yeller. While Air Buddies doesn't have a special theme (such as snow-themed, space-themed, etc.), it does have elements of dognapping from Hundred and One Dalmatians and a cross-country type of reunion from The Incredible Journey.
- In 2013, Disney Press published books inspired by the film, beginning with Meet the Buddies!
- The beginning of this series serves as a soft reboot.
- The puppies born in Air Bud: World Pup, which grew to full size in Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch, are ignored.
- Molly's original owner, Emma Putter is ignored, and replaced with a family with a boy Noah's age.
- The fact that Patrick is not a Framm, as he is Jackie's second husband, but this seems to have been ignored, perhaps in order to simplify it for this new series. But this already began in Spikes Back, with Andrea calling Patrick, "Dad", even though she was old enough to know he was her second father, and she never called him that in Air Bud: World Pup or Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch.
- Grim doesn't end the call properly after calling his mother, he just flips it back down.
- USA: Air Buddies DVD released on December 12, 2006.
- AUS: Air Buddies Blu-ray Disc released on March 4, 2009.